Recorded Thursday, September 26, 2019
Presenter: Cris Byers, Product Manager - Oseberg
drilling spacing units aren’t unique to New Mexico...
but like many other common oil & gas regulatory concepts, they do have their own special state-specific variations and value to operators if you know how to take advantage of them.
in this second part of our New Mexico webinar series, we’ll be discussing:
- the different meanings of unit creation in New Mexico, both current and historic pools and their associated rules.
- why they are created and how they evolve.
- Oseberg’s latest New Mexico spacing and unit datasets, and illustrating how they provide up-to-date information on currently operated acreage for:
- market intelligence
- HBP boundaries for land acquisition or protection
- producing extents of a particular pool to inform a drilling program